Friday, January 14, 2005

Me Day

Today is my first "Me Day." I've decided to set aside a day (hopefully every week) for me. A day when I can do what I want...whether it's repotting plants, working on a scrapbook, doing some rubber stamping, having lunch with a friend. Today I'm having lunch with a friend. We're going to Razzoo's for cajun. I haven't decided if I'm going to be bad or stick with something on my diet. I promised her we wouldn't talk work. She's an at-home mom like me, but she's on the school board. I promise. No griping.

I've already messed up my day by having to go to the grocery store. The youth are baking cakes, brownies, cookies, etc. for a bake sale so I bought some sprinkles. And I have to go to the post office and mail the Christmas letter, finally. I like doing this because everyone tells me how entertaining the letter is. I'd hate to disappoint them.

Both of the girls have to stay after school for different activities so I have a little more time before I have to fix dinner. It's easy though, just a pot of chili. I may stop by Lowe's or Home Depot and check out the pots and potting soil. I have one plant that has seriously outgrown its pot. It's starting to crack.

As for "Mr. ScruffyMan," last night I sang part of a Jungle Book song to him. "Don't pick the prickly pear by the paw. When you pick the pear, try to use the claw." Don't use lips either. This thing better start laying down pretty soon or he needs longer lips.

No comments: