Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Mousekewhat?

Sunday afternoon, Mayhem #2 is eating lunch. You have to understand that with my girls, eating lunch at home on the weekends is an event. First they find a book they want to read. Next they fix the "hot" part of the food. (That means whatever they heated in the microwave.) After that they drag out their chip of choice and pour half of the bag on the paper plate or eat straight out of the bag. Then they nibble on cookies or candy for dessert. With Mayhem #2, lunch is not finished until the coke is finished. She'd nurse that thing all day if I'd let her. All of this eating happens while reading afore mentioned book.

Back to Sunday. Mayhem #2 was reading a non-required book during lunch when I came in, somewhere after the cookie part, and said, "Shouldn't you be reading your Mouseketeer...I mean Musketeer book?" She looked at me like I was crazy and said, "What's a Mouseketeer?" I was flabbergasted! She was serious! So I sang, "M-I-C- See you real soon. K-E-Y- Why, because we like you. M-O-U-S-E."

I said, "Don't you know about Annette Funicello or Bobby of "Thank you, Sissy and Bobby?"" ( I think that's too many quotes.) Mr. Mayhem piped in with, "More recently, Brittany Spears, Christine Aguilera, and Nick Somebody, one of the Backstreet boys." I said, "They don't count because they didn't wear ears!"

No comments: