Monday, September 11, 2006

6,5,4...Steroids

I broke down and called the doctor Friday, but of course he was in surgery. They worked me in this morning. He took more x-rays and said all the bones looked ok. (I swear I must glow in the dark after all the x-rays I've had in the last six months.) He said there was some arthritis around one of the joints. He put me on a steroid pack for the next few days, and gave me some anti-inflammatory/pain medication for after that. I go back in about three weeks. He didn't have any explanation for me about the pain. I'm kind of disappointed, but I home the meds will help. Although I am waiting for the first hot flash and sleepless night.

My house is so filthy it makes me want to cry. I need to get up and clean, but it hurts and that makes me want to cry too. Maybe I'll go pick up in my bedroom for a while before I pick up Mayhem #2. I've planned an easy to make dinner so that will help.

Mayhem #2 over-heated at the football game Friday night. We met some very nice firemen from Venus, TX. She's ok, but I'm ready for her to stop this. I thought she was prepared, but I guess she needed more water or Poweraid. The firemen did say that once you've had a heat episode that you're more likely to have it happen again. Great.

No comments: