Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Tomorrow

Tomorrow is surgery day. I have to be there at 6:45 am. I'm not really excited. Actually, I'm kind of scared. I haven't slept very well since Friday night when I discovered that "external support" the doctor mentioned wasn't a soft cast it's rods in my bones braced by a rod on the outside of my foot. It's called a mini-rail. Mayhem #2 wants me to ask the doctor if there is a Mickey rail to go with the Minnie rail she envisioned. Too much Disney World.

I guess I've done a little too much looking on the internet. Some of the articles I've found are not very encouraging about this procedure fixing my foot at all. Others say that everything the doctor has done and is going to do is standard operating procedure. I'm just afraid my foot will never work right again.

I don't look forward to two months on crutches. Maybe I'll just stay home for that time. I did get the paper work for a handicap parking permit. Since Mayhem #2 will be stuck at home with me, except when she goes to camp without me, I bought her some jewelry making beading stuff. She's always wanted to make things and try to sell them. This might give her a chance to develop an inventory.

I know I'm being a whiner. I'm not going to have 27 screws in my foot like the race horse, but believe me four rods sticking out is enough for me. Don't give Mr. Mayhem any ideas. He might put me down for all the hassle I've become. Please pray. I'll let you know something when I can.

No comments: