Saturday, May 14, 2005

Busy? Not me!

Tonight is an interesting night. I'm home alone because Mr. Mayhem has gone to a friend's birthday party, Mayhem #2 has gone to Six Flags with the band,(Normally I would have gone too, but this next phrase came first.) and Mayhem #1 is at the prom. I've been working on prom stuff all week. We've had to buy undergarments, a purse, jewelry, hair do-dads, and flowers. I went to the botanical gardens to see where would be a good place to make pictures. I made a second trip to the botanical gardens to check out the conservatory since rain might be in the forecast. Today I picked up the flowers, which I had to wait on because they hadn't been able to get the flowers I wanted. So instead of calling me like, oh, yesterday, they waited til I was there to pick them up to ask if these other flowers would be ok. Do I have much of a choice at this point? They looked fine.

We made it to the appointment for her nails just a little late, and then waited. This was an odd experience. The folks who worked in the shop were Asian. They didn't really talk to us too much, but they talked to each other across the room in a foreign language. I wasn't overly impressed with the manicure either. They made two of her fingers bleed because they nicked her when they were working on the cuticles. The paint job wasn't great either, but Mayhem #1 was happy so I kept my mouth shut.

I'll continue this in the morning. I have to go flocking.

No comments: