Friday, October 14, 2005

She knows

Well, our dirty little secret is out of the bag. Mr. Mayhem told Mayhem #1 about his blog last week when he picked her up for the weekend. She was shocked. Then he told her about mine and she was doubly shocked. She told me later, "I could see Dad doing that, but you!" We didn’t give her the site addresses. I’m not sure if she wanted to try to find us, or Mr. Mayhem wanted her to try to find us. I’m thinking she’s going to need some hints.

It has been a little awkward. She has a xanga site, so I keep admonishing her not to meet the people she talks with on line. Mr. Mayhem told her about meeting Nate and I told her about Francesca. I also told her how nervous I was when Mr. Mayhem told me he was going to meet Nate. I told her, "Remember, do as I say, not as I do." I am a little nervous about this one guy she’s been talking with.

I gave her a little sketch about some of y’all. She asked what I blogged about and I told her mom stuff. I said I got on soap boxes regularly. A lot of the people she talks with are friends from high school. Some have graduated and some haven’t. I find it funny to go in and read them myself. I think these kids talk more on the computer than they ever did face to face at school.

This is parents’ weekend at her school so we head out bright and early Saturday morning to have breakfast with the professors. Later there’s a tailgate party at the Wal-Mart parking lot and then off to the football game. We’ll probably go out to eat dinner before we head home. Mayhem #1 can have one more meal of "real food." Since she was home last weekend, her cupboard is pretty well stocked. I’ll think she’ll survive.

No comments: