Thursday, October 27, 2005

Whirlwind

Ok. Everybody try to keep up.

Mayhem #1 tried to die last week thanks to Sharpie fumes in an not-very-well-ventilated art room. (Note: Mayhem #1 is asthmatic.) She passed out in class and wasn’t very coherent when she came around, so they sent her back to her dorm?!!! They did ask her if she wanted to go to the school nurse, but she said no. I know she’s an adult and they had to do what she asked, but couldn’t they’ve told someone to check on her. She went back to her room and slept the rest of the day because breathing took so much effort that she didn’t have strength to do anything else. This happened on Thursday, and I found out on Friday. All I could see was the headline, "Student found dead in dorm room." She slogged through the weekend and I called the school nurse on Monday, she got Mayhem #1 to a doctor and now she has steroids and serious decongestants. I’m better too.

Mayhem # 2 lived to be 15 on Saturday. (There were doubts of her survival since she is my high maintenance child.) After opening a boat-load of presents, she and I were off to the high school for tech call. You know…painting sets, working on costumes, eating pizza. The musical opens two weeks from today. You’re all invited.

The band’s big UIL competition was Tuesday. We started the day off with a little drama because the buses were half hour late. You are given a certain time to march and if you miss it you’re disqualified. Two of the directors and I beat the buses across town so we unloaded the instruments. Band warmed up…Band marched…BAND MADE A ONE!! There was much screaming and hugging. (That’s good by the way.) That one earned them two days of getting to sleep late. Yeah!

Mr. Mayhem left 2:00 in the blessed AM yesterday to go visit his dad. The plumbing problems started at 5:30 am. After a 6:00 am trip to Wal-Mart for clog cleaner things worked enough to get Mayhem # 2 together enough to go to school. I didn’t get to fix my hair and I hate that. Oh well. After checking out toilets and tub at lunch, (It was my volunteer day at the high school.) things seemed to be working ok. Around 7:00 pm, I decided to wash a load of laundry. At 7:30 pm, I call the plumber because the washer is draining into the tub. Plumber shows up at 10:00 pm. Plumber leaves at 11:00 pm.

Oops. Gotta run. Time to take my mom to the grocery store.

No comments: