Friday, January 07, 2005

He made me!

Now that my mom has gone home and the kids are back in school, Mr. Mayhem said I should blog. Blog what I have no idea.

I just finished writing the Christmas letter. If Mr. Mayhem will run my labels tonight I'll work on getting them in the mail this weekend. Last year the letter was on time, but most of my friends aren't surprised when it's late. I'll just save those Christmas cards I bought till next year.

Mayhem #1 has been complaining about a pain in her left side the past few days. I've been perplexed because if it had been on her right I could say it was her appendix. The doctor talked to us and then started poking at her. She doesn't like that. Especially when it hurts. He noticed some bumps we thought were bug bites because she had been to a friend's house that has dogs. Fleas maybe? Nope. She has shingles. Nothing to do but wait. This is weird enough. At least it wasn't her spleen or something.

I took my car to the shop on Wednesday to get the air conditioner fixed. I know that sounds silly in the middle of winter, but without the ac I have no window defroster. That makes for interesting driving on rainy, muggy days like Monday. I struck up a conversation with the friendly guy at the parts counter. For awhile I was in there too regularly with Mr. Mayhem's car. Anyway, our conversation wandered around to how blind we both are. I told him I hate going to a new restaurant because I can't read the menu in the low light "ambiance." I don't want ambiance, I want to see what I'm eating! Mr. Mayhem helped my out by bringing home a larger computer monitor. The kids are like, "That's huge!" What can I say? I'm blind and I need to do something about it....one of these days.

No comments: