Tuesday, January 18, 2005

The Music of the Night

In honor of MLK day, the girls and I went to the movies to see Phantom of the Opera. Ok, maybe there's not a direct connection but, "He was oppressing her." Mayhem #1 loves to play the music on the piano and it got a thumbs up from her piano teacher. There was more singing than I expected. I know that sounds silly, but I didn't expect it to be just like the play, just on film. It was very good. The special effects at the opening were awesome. Mayhem #2 came home and stole Mayhem#1's Phantom piano book and started playing it on her oboe. She wants the DVD. She wants the CD. Dad called her obsessive, compulsive.

Mayhem #1 decided to do a movie review for the school on-line paper. She got on a few web sites to get some more info and found out that the phantom guy is really pretty hot. The other guy was hotter in the film. It's amazing what a different perspective you get on a movie when you see it with two teen-age girls.

I'm not concerned about them looking at these guys. They freak out if Dad has his shirt off. I have to admit I liked the Dukes of Hazzard(had a poster on my ceiling in the college dorm) and Magnum P.I. (and he had his shirt off alot.). Mayhem #1 has a CD by Superchick and we've been listening to it lately. Two of the songs are "Barlow Girls" and "Princes and Frogs." I highly recommend them for teen-age girls. This is a Christian group, but these songs don't talk alot about God, but they have the perspective down.

Uh oh. School's out. Gotta run.

No comments: