Friday, January 21, 2005

What shall I do today?

It's Friday so it's Me Day. It will be a bit shorter than usual because the kids get out of school early. Our little school district has a police force of two. One is usually at the high school and one at the middle school. On Tuesday the officer at the middle school had a massive heart attack and died. His service is today at the high school auditorium, so those two schools are getting out early. Mayhem #2 is pretty shook up about it. The officer's granddaughter is in one of her classes and both of the girl's parents have died in the last few years. Mayhem #2 is very sensitive to others. She's told me that she can't stand to go to the service, but I'll ask her one more time this afternoon.

Mayhem #1 got an exciting letter from her college. Because of her ACT scores, they are awarding her 10 hours of credit. Cool! That's almost a semester. She's taking the test again though because the scholarship she was shooting at wants one more point on her score.

I'm so excited! For the first time ever I'm going to answer the Thursday Three!

1. The Household Chore I Like (I'm paraphrasing.)

I love yard work. I like to mow the grass, but Mr. Mayhem is going to have to get me a new self-propelled mower so I can do it. Our front yard is a very steep hill and our old mower doesn't self propel anymore. Laundry's not too bad.

2. The Household Chore I Don't Like

I don't like doing the dishes or cleaning the bathrooms. I think I hate them because they're never ending. The dishes are an every day thing. Yuck! The bathrooms could be too with the slobs I live with. I had a friend tell me she took up sewing because it was the only thing that she could do and her family wouldn't destroy in 30 seconds. Boy do I understand that. Why is it that four people live here and make messes, but only one of them cleans up?

3. The Household Chore That's Been Put Off

Painting the rest of the house. I've painted the girls' rooms and my bedroom and bathroom (Ok Mr. Mayhem did most of our room because of my hernia. He doesn't like to paint.) The walls in the rest of the house are off white. I hate off white. Of course we've only lived here 10 years so maybe I can get around to it on a Me Day.

No comments: