Monday, January 23, 2006

The boyfriend is coming! The boyfriend is coming!

Well he wasted no time asking Mayhem #1 if he could come visit her over spring break. I can't think of a better place for them to meet than at home where I can keep an eye on them. (Terry, why haven't I gotten that background check yet?) His home town must be small because his comment to Mayhem #1 during a conversation about where some things were around here was, "You have a downtown?"

We're already making plans of what sites to show him. I've also made plans of the things I want done around the house before he gets here. A lot of what needs to be done is going through stuff and throwing it out. Everyone in our family is a pack rat. Sometimes it's unintentional. I spent several hours this morning cleaning out the bathroom. I threw away a ton of expired medication. Some of it went back five years. Now that Mayhem #2 has her braces off, I threw out her wax and rubberbands. I found somethings that can be given to someone who will use it. The other things we have to go through will probably be more painful.

All of this de-cluttering has to be done so I can figure out the sleeping arrangements. We're also going to paint the bathroom and re-caulk the tub. I'm not going to worry about the outside so much, but I want the inside of the house to be neat, clean, and manuverable. Mayhem #1 has even mentioned some dinners she wants to make sure I cook for him.

This week, I have to bake a cake on Thursday for the band BBQ dinner that's on Friday. Mayhem #2 has been selling tickets to help raise the money for her Orlando trip this May. I'm also going to pick up Mayhem #1 on Friday. Somebody's birthday is Friday, but I'm not going to mention any names. It's just some guy I met a long time ago and kind of like to have around.

No comments: