Monday, January 09, 2006

Invasion

Today I took over Mayhem #1's room. I took her back to college Saturday. She was so excited to get back to her highspeed internet. When we got there her roommate informed her, "No internet." "Great," says Mayhem #1, "Now I don't even have the dumb slow internet." Bummer Dude, I thought.

She wanted her internet so she could catch up with everyone's Xanga postings. Actually, she wanted to talk to her "boyfriend." ...who's in Georgia...whom she's never met....Does this seem weird to anyone but me? He seems like an ok guy from what I know from the internet. Maybe Terry can make a road trip and check him out for me? I'm trying not to overreact, but it's not easy. I just tell her to be cautious, and she seems to be. It's hard to rain on her parade after listening to her giggle on the phone with him while she was home.

Anyway, back to her room. After I cleaned it this morning, I moved my scrapbooking supplies in. I decided to leave up the card table that held her computer while she was home. I laid out the paper and stickers on her bed. I need to work on journaling. That's where you write down the stories that go with the pictures. (You may already know this, but I didn't know anything about this until about six months ago.) I'm going to an all-day crop on Saturday. I don't have any of the cutting tools for cropping the pictures so I go use my friend's stuff. Once I get Mayhem #1's book done, (I'm only up to 1995.), I'll start on Mayhem #2's. I really would like to do all my pictures, but that will take the rest of my life. This would also require getting last year's pictures, taken with the new digital camera, printed.

Ahem.

No comments: