Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Another update

The trip to the podiatrist was encouraging. Apparently the bone chips are stable. Nothing has shifted to where it doesn’t belong. I have to stay in the boot two more weeks and then I can wear a tennis shoe. I go back to the doctor the day before the high school trip to Orlando. When I told him about the trip he told me to take the boot with me. I guess we’ll see how it goes. If I have to wear the boot, I’ll have to get a wheelchair. That means I get to go to the front of the line for all the rides. I bet I’ll have lots of volunteers to push me around.

I’m going to pick up Mayhem #1 tomorrow for Easter. Since she doesn’t have to be out of the dorm by 5:00pm, I’ll go get her after I get Mayhem #2 home from school. Mayhem #1 said that was fine since she had to be advised and register tomorrow afternoon. She did say we had to be home before 10:00pm. I asked her if she would turn into a pumpkin and she said no, but that’s when the boyfriend gets on line. How silly of me? I should’ve known!

Mayhem #1 said she modeled for her figure drawing class today. She made her back hurt. Since she hasn’t done much drawing lately, I asked if she would have to draw us over the weekend as make up work. She said she probably could. I can see the poses now. Mr. Mayhem at the computer. Mayhem #2 with a book or Gameboy. Me sitting around with my booted foot elevated.

We’ve also talked about checking out a movie. She and I both thought of Ice Age 2. Mr. Mayhem suggested the new dancing movie. I like the way he thinks. I noticed on the way to the doctor’s office that they are building an Arthur Murray dance studio. Mr. Mayhem and I are hip and happen’. We got the dance craze before it was the popular thing to do. Or maybe we just never noticed it before we started taking lessons.

No comments: