Monday, March 20, 2006

Foot Update

Apparently, the CT scan was conclusive. The foot is broken in two places. There are two displaced chip fractures. The doctor decided to keep the foot in the big boot cast so that I could at least take it off and shower. He said we wouldn’t rush into surgery unless the chips moved into the spaces between the bones. He also said I could walk on it. Now let me get this straight…We don’t want the bone chips to move so we’re going to exert pressure on them? Not to mention that it hurts to walk on it. I walk with the crutches. I don’t put a lot of weight on the foot, but hopefully this will stop the hernia that I’m afraid the use of the crutches started. I can’t win.

My goals for today are to pick up Mayhem #2 from school and take her to piano lessons and fix dinner. It’s not much, but it’s something. Most things I try to do I have to have help with. Like, someone else will have to bring the dirty clothes to the washing machine for me. Mayhem #2 and I loaded the dishwasher together last night. I can only stand on the good leg for so long. A chair is required for fixing my hair. I’m being forced to limit what I do. IT’S KILLING ME!!!

No comments: