Friday, March 24, 2006

I'm whining

I called Mayhem #1 this morning mostly because I feel guilty because I’m not there to help her. I’m not sure I would be much help if I was there, but that’s beside the point. I told her she needed to ask for help with getting the rollerblading class dropped, and making sure the school knows why she hasn’t been to chapel this week. She can only miss chapel so many times a semester and she missed several weeks the last time she was sick. I also suggested she ask someone to go to the grocery store for her and get soup and other stuff she can fix in her room so she didn’t have to try to hobble to get something to eat.

I discovered with my fall that people don’t think to offer help. I had two ladies from church bring me lunch a few of times those first couple of weeks when I couldn’t hardly get off the couch. I had to call and ask them to help me. A friend from school helped some if I asked. Some days I’d find some Goldfish I could carry with my crutches and have that for lunch. I had to have something to take my medicine with. Mr. Mayhem had to come home every day and make dinner, do dishes, do laundry, grocery shop, bathe me… No one even offered to help. I had to call and ask people to bring Mayhem #2 home from school. I have to admit that my feelings are kind of hurt. I know it’s not all about me, but I can’t count the number of meals I’ve made for people having babies and surgery. I’ve been helping a friend in SS get to chemo every week and other doctor’s appointments for two years. Not to mention other errands for her. Finally in the last few months a few other people have started helping her too.

I guess I should quit whining. Actually, I’m praying about my attitude. I know it’s wrong, but it hurts when "friends", who know your predicament, don’t share the burden.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good evening friends. I'm actually into shoes and I have been searching for the sake of that particular brand. The prices due to the fact that the shoes were about 240 dollars on every site. But for all I found this location selling them for half price. I in reality love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase these. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

hi there friends. I'm really into shoes and I had been looking allowing for regarding that exact model. The prices as regards the velcros are all over 180 pounds everwhere. But definitively I base this locate selling them someone is concerned half price. I exceptionally like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase them. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

hi friends. I'm honestly into shoes and I was looking for that singular model. The prices seeking the velcros are all over 180 pounds on every site. But definitively I set this site selling them as a remedy for half price. I in reality love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy those. what can you say about it?